View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 09:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I am one of the first

Hello,
I was one of the first people on the planet to have this operation, the fact that you are being told there is nothing that can be done is ludicrous. I had my shunt placed in Jan '70. Since then I have had three revisions and a replacement. I have had a headache 5 times in my life, surgery fixed them each time. The most recent in 2006, I had vertigo. A doctor telling you it is draining properly while upright and not when you are lying down, well that tells me the shunt is not doing what it is intended to do. It is not working and needs to be fixed. Any questions just ask, I am not a doctor, however I think due to the length of time I have had one I may know something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl2568 View Post
hey,
I woke up with another headache this morning. I do not have a fever with the head chills. My shunt was last revised in 1999. I am going to my doctor tomorrow to pick up copies of my records so I can get a better understanding of my history and look up more info on some of the things I have experienced so I can get a better understanding of what it may be before I go back to the doctor.
jasontaub23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote