Thread: Trying to cope
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 06:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingcavalier View Post
I have problems with that too-- and sometimes I find that it's my imagination that actually saves me. If I can get up the energy to imagine something super epic, it gives me what I need.

Also, validating small steps in yourself. For instance, I may not have made it to tai chi in time the other day, but I got up and got ready! LIKE A BOSS

If you give yourself a little mental soundtrack when you're listless, sometimes it can help pick you up. I've got a few go-to songs I'll be happy to share when I can post links

Thanks for making me laugh! I need as many laughs as I can get. I think it's because I'm doing sooooo well in terms of overcoming my other symptoms that I'm having such a hard time dealing with other things. I felt really depressed last night! So I'm just going to try to do better today at fighting the inertia but try to be more forgiving toward myself!

I think my lack of creativity is what is really getting to me. I just keep myself in a deadened, numb state of mind, which makes creativity impossible. I can be creative when I try, but I can't seem to try. That will be my primary goal for every day this week. Housework will come second. If I talk to my husband about how I'm feeling instead of hiding it from him, maybe that will give me the push I need to do what's best for myself?
I have recovered my cognitive function, and I've overcome severe vertigo through sensory integration therapy. Wellbutrin has helped me escape depression. I have recently had a few stress-related migraines, as well as headaches stemming from eye strain. I'm also dealing with tinnitus, lack of stamina, extreme light sensitivity, and eye pain. Diagnosed with 9 different vision issues: convergence insufficiency, pursuit eye movement deficit, egocentric visual midline shift, photophobia, visual information processing delays, accommodative insufficiency, saccadic eye movement deficit, lack of coordination, and central peripheral visual integration deficit.

*First concussion: October 2010. I was pregnant and got rear ended. I associated my mild PCS symptoms with baby brain and blamed my light sensitivity on allergies and dry eyes.
*Second concussion: December 2011. I hit my head on a wooden beam, saw stars but did not lose consciousness, and I had very disturbing PCS symptoms but didn't go to the doctor.
*Third concussion: August 2012. I caused a car accident as a result of PCS symptoms. Thankfully no one was injured but me. My husband confronted me, and I finally sought help and took medical leave from work. My symptoms worsened, and I developed severe vertigo.
*Fourth concussion: November 2012. I was riding in a car with a friend and we were hit head on by a driver who lost control of her car. I didn't have a big increase in PCS symptoms.
DFayesMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Su seb (04-24-2013)