View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 08:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batik View Post
If that's Sallyblooms, I already know her a bit. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll drop her a line.

My gall bladder was removed a year ago. It sounds like I should be asking for some tests to be run, at least if the itching hasn't cleared up in another week (the doctor told me to give the new antihistamines a couple of weeks). As for gluten intolerance, I tried going gluten-free for a year a while ago, and it didn't seem to make any difference. So eventually my GP ran a blood test, said I was fine, I went back on the gluten, and apart from a slight adjustment period both times, there was no difference.

The itching follows certain patterns: worse at night, worse on my legs in the evening, occurs together with dizziness, sweating, nausea blacking out etc. if I stand up and keep still. Hence trying to look into mast cell problems.
If you were tested for celiac after being gluten free for a year the tests were worthless! Gall bladder issues are common in celiac, and there is a common skin rash which is itchy that is asso. with celiac.
http://www.ou.org/shabbat_shalom/art...wish_community
There is also a higher risk in celiacs for lymphoma.

Last edited by pabb; 04-22-2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: added link
pabb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote