View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 09:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Your doc is an idiot. He SHOULD have you on a long-acting opiate. Instead he puts you on medication with "tylenol" in it, and tries to fry your liver!

Ask him about a long-acting medication, such as MS Contin, or OpanaER. These last for about 8 hours (they SAY 12 hours, but they DON'T last that long) so you don't need to take as much. Also, you should be on a higher dosage of Neurontin (I hated that stuff - it made me loopy and I gained weight due to water retention). Only 100mg of Neurontin isn't going to do much even if it is 3 times a day. You need more than that. Lyrica is better. And be careful with the Soma -- that stuff is AWFUL to come off of. Plus it's addictive.

I HOPE he will listen to you, but he sounds pretty stubborn. I hope and pray he isn't going to keep you on the Lortab or Percocet, etc. You need to get away from the stuff with Tylenol in it.

Best of luck ~ Let us know what happens, will you PLEASE? I'd really like to know. Believe me, I understand how it is after surgery and having the pain come back with a vengence. I had 2 OPEN surgeries, and the same thing happened to me -- my surgeon told me "you can't have pain cause I "fixed" you." HUH??? What an idiot. Anyway -- keep us posted. God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote