Thread: Trying to cope
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 09:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFayesMom View Post
Thanks for making me laugh! I need as many laughs as I can get. I think it's because I'm doing sooooo well in terms of overcoming my other symptoms that I'm having such a hard time dealing with other things. I felt really depressed last night! So I'm just going to try to do better today at fighting the inertia but try to be more forgiving toward myself!

I think my lack of creativity is what is really getting to me. I just keep myself in a deadened, numb state of mind, which makes creativity impossible. I can be creative when I try, but I can't seem to try. That will be my primary goal for every day this week. Housework will come second. If I talk to my husband about how I'm feeling instead of hiding it from him, maybe that will give me the push I need to do what's best for myself?
I think it's important that you should never, ever feel like you need to hide your feelings from the people you love. There is nothing weak or lazy or what have you about what you're going through-- in fact, I'm with MsRriO; you are a total boss for bringing it up here.

And with the creativity, again, validate your small steps! You signed on here and wrote several extremely eloquent posts-- which requires creativity to do. Mission accomplished, +500xp, level up!

there's a great quote I'm trying to hang on to at present-- maybe it would be useful to you too

“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.” ― Mary Anne Radmacher
"Thanks for this!" says:
DFayesMom (04-22-2013), Jinxicat9 (04-24-2013), Mokey (04-23-2013), MsRriO (04-22-2013)