View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 11:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes, my brief experiment with fabric softeners was very short-lived. The washing machine repair guy had recommended them, that was the only reason I tried them to begin with. Tide Sensitive would probably still be my idea of an irritant, though it's hard to tell as we have different brands in the UK. Let's just say that you can't buy anything I use in a supermarket, it's all speciality health food shop stuff. It was a right nuisance when the washing machine wasn't working a few years ago, as I had to keep sending the clothes out to a laundrette. The first time I forgot to include laundry liquid, so they used what they claimed was a really gentle one and I had the itchies for three days (back when three days of itchy skin was news). The next time I sent in my own laundry liquid, concentrated stuff where you use a capful at a time, and they used half the bottle.

Interesting about the aldehydes. People with ME are renowned for being unable to tolerate alcohol. I never drank to begin with, so I have no idea whether that's true for me.

I'll be taking the Biocare B-Plex B complex once it turns up. (I still can't link to it, not enough posts yet, but it's easy to Google.) Biocare have a good reputation, and it was pretty much the only one I could find in the UK without folic acid. It's basically a B50, plus 200mcg biotin and a smidgen of Vitamin C and magnesium. Previously I've been taking the Country Life Coenzyme B Complex, not that I could really see much difference with that, but it has folic acid and everyone says to avoid that when messing around with this B12 business, so I'm switching.

Incidentally, a friend of mine is having a rough time with anaemia and a lot of stress at the moment. She's not eating well right now either. I recommended Floradix to her for the iron, and she's loving that. Since I have about a month's worth of the Country Life B complex left over, should I just pass that on to her?
Batik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote