View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 01:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was diagnosed mild to moderate chronic sensory distal axonal symmetric polyneuropathy with small fiber modalities. That long worded description was the exact writing in my doctor's report.

I don't think my symptoms are getting worse. Honestly though it is sometimes hard to tell with a sudden flare that crops up from no where. My flares effect hands and feet ( sometimes memory fog as well). Numbness in soles of feet, random cold feeling in feet and tingling in hands along with an occasional stab of pain now and then. Also, some odd sensations in the scalp which are now pretty rare but re-occur minimally with the flares.

Typically a few days later the flare subsides. Tingling in hands go away completely at times. The soles of my feet always have some numbness , but the max and mins between are significant in comparison. Sometimes I can barely feel numbness under my feet at all. It is so weird!

This condition is frustrating and scary. I just keep fighting through it hoping that I'm slowly improving or at least staying the same.
karsten is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote