View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 01:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I didn't go on any specific diet, per se. Last January, I decided to lose weight myself, and started yoga--the yoga to work through a herniated disc.

I cut back on sugars, added seltzer water to my diet. Took a couple seltzers to get used to the taste. Then, as I started drinking more seltzer, I noticed something, my sugar cravings decreased dramatically.

I don't drink anything with aspartame, which, when you read the labels for anything with sweeteners, you'll realize they are high in sodium content.

I read labels, eat pretty much what I want. Keeping in mind the points system from the weight watchers diet that my mom used to use.

I realize that a bag of Lay's potatoe chips is filled with more vitamins and minerals, such as potassium and vitamin C, than the self-promoted less fat Sun chips. Not that I don't like sunchips, but from a woman who sometimes gets leg cramps, I need potassium over less fat content in my foods.

Mainly, the selter added, reduced sugars and watching sodium content along with my yoga exercises...
I have a physical today, routine...my scale shows me down about 90lbs,(the scale at home).

That's how I watch my diet. With added exercise.

Good Luck with the weight loss endeavor!!

GladysD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-22-2013)