View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 04:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
Your doc is an idiot. He SHOULD have you on a long-acting opiate. Instead he puts you on medication with "tylenol" in it, and tries to fry your liver!

Ask him about a long-acting medication, such as MS Contin, or OpanaER. These last for about 8 hours (they SAY 12 hours, but they DON'T last that long) so you don't need to take as much. Also, you should be on a higher dosage of Neurontin (I hated that stuff - it made me loopy and I gained weight due to water retention). Only 100mg of Neurontin isn't going to do much even if it is 3 times a day. You need more than that. Lyrica is better. And be careful with the Soma -- that stuff is AWFUL to come off of. Plus it's addictive.

I HOPE he will listen to you, but he sounds pretty stubborn. I hope and pray he isn't going to keep you on the Lortab or Percocet, etc. You need to get away from the stuff with Tylenol in it.

Best of luck ~ Let us know what happens, will you PLEASE? I'd really like to know. Believe me, I understand how it is after surgery and having the pain come back with a vengence. I
had 2 OPEN surgeries, and the same thing happened to me -- my surgeon told me "you can't have pain cause I "fixed" you." HUH??? What an idiot. Anyway -- keep us posted. God bless. Hugs, Lee

Leesa, to answer you about the neurotin I definitely agree, I was originally on lyrica, however my insurance would NEVER approve to pay for it....they tried an tried to get it approved whike they were giving me samples....so he just switched me to neurotin, last month, I assume just a starting dose, I dont really feel much different with it, I can tell it helps a little with the nerve pain but not much, so far I havent had any adverse effects of it, so hopefully that will stay that way! An the soma I have heard horror stories of it, but it definitely help with the spasms I have in my back, it has been about the only thing to stop the spasming in my lower back
fireman9915 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote