View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Sandy, Do you have a hospital near you? If you have MG, it sounds like you are progressing rapidly. The best thing you can do is go to an ER. If it's a larger hospital, they can do a Tensilon test there. They can assess your breathing (are you short of breath?) and do a thorough neurological exam. They can check your oxygen saturation (O2).

Have you ever had slurred speech or a lopsided smile?

MG can progress quickly in those who aren't on treatment yet. The best place for you is in an ER. Give them your neuro's name/number and tell them that he suspects you have MG. Ask them if they can do a Tensilon test because your neuro's office doesn't. Tell them that your symptoms have been progressing in a short period of time. You can tell them - calmly - that these symptoms are not your normal!

No, I'm not telling you exactly what to say! I'm giving some ideas of what to say, since you're new to this.

Don't mess with this, okay? If you can't breathe well, walk well, are generally weak or can't swallow, that's the time to dial 911. Do you have someone who can take you to the ER, be with you and stay there with you? That's always very helpful. Sometimes, they take you more seriously when someone is there with you. Stupid, right?

Okay, don't panic! Just stay calm and get some help now. They can help you in an ER. You can't help yourself sitting at home. I really hope you will get some help soon. It'll be alright. You can handle this! Let us know how you're doing.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
sandy56 (04-23-2013)