View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 09:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default one of the first on the planet

I have had a vp shunt for over 40 years, personally unlike it seems like a lot of people who a shunt, it doesn't seem like these neurosurgeons have a clue. I have had 3 revisions and a replacement. I have had 5 headaches in my life, unfortunately but fortunately surgery correct it every time and I have never had any after effects. Based on the information you stated, the shunt was not properly placed. Forget a second opinion, you need a first opinion and the placing of the shunt needs to be corrected. I am not a doctor, however I think I have a little experience, also it sounds like your neurosurgeon is a putz and is in it for the money, sorry to say....any questions just ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRachelRoo View Post
I have had my current VP shunt for 13 months. Over the past 2 months or so, I have had a low grade fever, swelling and pain along the shunt tract, and headaches. My neurosurgeon has repeatedly blown me off. I am in the process of trying to get a second opinion, as I'm sure this cannot be normal! Does anyone else have this problem? And does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a second opinion fast? Thanks!
jasontaub23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote