View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 01:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
You have been talking about trial studies. I now wonder if my trial did any good at all since I was not let in on anything to do with the results of the study. I did this study, because I was afraid for my kids. If they had developed the same disease, I wanted them to know there was some hope that things can be learned by these studies. Never really got any answers to my questions, and the medications, once removed, stopped any progress I made. Through the years, I wonder if it did any good at all. How would I ever know? Am I better today because I did them? Or didn't it make any difference at all? . ginnie
You did all you could, and wanted to protect your children. That is all that really matters. If the researchers fumbled and got no new knowledge out of it, that is their burden to carry, not yours. You did all you could, and somewhere the universe remembers that forever.
As for clinical studies, even the ones that get thrown out by irresponsible researchers, at least you filled that slot for their research -they were rolling the dice to see if it comes up all 7's. The researchers were going to gamble regardless.
But as for the studies you were part of - and heard no results - go find them and get the results! Hassle them about it !
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-23-2013)