Thread: Calmare Therapy
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 06:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRian View Post
How long did it last for them, if you don't mind sharing?
For my daughter (who had 2 1/2 weeks of treatment), it never lasted more than a few hours after the treatment. Although I don't know the details, her friend had treatment 3x (each one lasting 1-2 weeks), and although she has said she thought it was helpful, I know she still has significant pain that is making it hard for her to go to school. Both kids have pain in multiple limbs and I have also heard anecdotally that it seems to work better if the pain is limited to one limb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRian View Post
Yes, that's what I think, too. It's not a magic bullet, but it just didn't seem to be well-known for a relatively new RSD patient like my daughter, and I've heard that you have a better chance for remission when you've had it for a shorter period of time, so I wanted to bring it up on a couple of discussion boards and shoot the breeze about it and hear about other people's experience with it.

Yes, I believe that the new major studies coming out in June or July are for cancer-related neuralgia, and thank God for any treatment that can help cancer patients!!! But the types of pain are related, so I'm hoping that it will also help start studies and get insurance coverage for RSD patients.

How long did it last for them, if you don't mind sharing?

I'd suggest making sure that they're certified, and then ask how many RSD patients they've dealt with, and their success rate (and how they define the success rate), and if the doctor does every treatment or if they hand it off to a tech. Those are things that I found helpful.

Me too! I'm really hoping that we hear from people that have had it done a while ago, and how they are now.