View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 07:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default possible reason why calmare posters sometimes disappear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
This seems to be the one treatment that new posters come and create new accounts for, sing the praises about, and then disappear forever after...

There have been accounts that some of the hype has been generated by employees of a few docs that provide the treatment. Considering it'll cost several thousand dollars, anyone considering it should spend lots of time googling others feedback.
Hi Lit Love,

I have to say that I agree with my sister's thought about why people post about Calmare and then disappear (pls see end of post). I was Soooo excited when my niece's crps pain went away after 9 months of living with it. Since the treatment was non-invasive, and didn't have side-effects (that we have heard of), I was all charged up and on a mission to make sure that every crps/rsd sufferer knew about it so that they could look into it and decide if they wanted to try it!! It definitely is expensive, (around a few thousand dollars) but we were told that you can usually tell if it might be helpful in one or two treatments (out of the usual ten), which also seemed like a plus.

So after charging in, and being extremely excited about it, I learned that many people are suspicious because some unethical people lied and posed as people who had been helped. That makes me so sad, because when people (like me) are happily sharing something that was wonderful for us and others, now readers have to try and figure out if we are lying or telling the truth :-(

I know that this is not a "cure", and that it does not help everyone (as other posters have been kind enough to share their experience). However, it does help many people, and it deserves to become well enough known so that each person can look into it for themselves and make their own decision. After haunting crps/rsd websites, boards and you tubes for hundreds of hours, I only saw Calmare mentioned a few times. I finally decided to investigate it, though.

As for posting and then disappearing, it makes total sense to me. If I was living in pain, and then had a treatment that made the pain go away, I would want to share that happy and potentially helpful news with others in my situation, and then move on. I would not want to keep hearing about things that reminded me of all that pain, so I probably would "disappear" as I worked at getting on with my new life. I can see how that would not lend credence to the good reports, but I can also totally understand why people report and disappear. My niece doesn't even like talking about it at all, which is why her mom and I are the ones posting.

Anyway, I just wanted to have you consider one possibility for the "join, sing praises about and disappear" thing. In my naivety, I was planning on doing just that for as many sites as I could find. I didn't realize the complexity of the situation, and how that might make the "praises" seem faked. Frankly, in the small bits that I found posted about Calmare in various sites, it always seemed that the posters were almost afraid to say much about it, which made me think that it hadn't really been a big change for them. I can see now that they were being careful, so that people would be able to take them seriously, instead of being exuberant and therefore assumed to be lying for the company....... Sigh....

So, thank you for bring up the issue, Lit Love, and I hope that I may have shed some light on a explanation for something that may have seemed suspicious to you and others.