View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 11:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokey View Post
I have. Carrick (from my home town) trained someone I saw last year. They don't do manipulations but do things which are similar to estibular and vision therapy. I stopped going because there was so much overlap between the different therapies.

Here is a link to an article about hockey player Sidney Crosby and his treatment with Carrick:
http://www2.macleans.ca/2011/11/03/r...crosbys-brain/

Have you had your vision assessed by a neuro opthamologist? That is a very important step ....needs to be done prior to any vestibular therapy.
Good luck!
I went to a vision therapy optometrist 6 weeks ago and had a serious setback from the testing alone (45 minutes of testing). I still haven't recovered to the point where I was before the testing. When I met with the functional neurology chiropractor for the first time last week, he did one test (for gaze stabilization) and gave me one exercise to do at home. He said they take a very careful approach and only do what ther person's brain can handle, which I appreciated.

Did you feel that the chiropractor was helping you get better using functional neurology? I don't want to waste 6 months just to find out it didn't help. My PCS problems are more than just visual, although that's a huge part of it (can't be in crowds, brain fog, etc.), so I wanted to see someone who could address more than just vision issues. I'm disappointed to hear that you went to a functional neurologist, but then stopped, as it seems like maybe it didn't help you.

Did did the chiro do any tests on you? How long did you see him? Did the exercises he gave you seem to help you?

Thanks
CBS64 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote