View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 12:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was so relieved to read this. I was recently diagnosed with RSD (Im only 7-1/2 weeks along).
I have had 2 near fainting spells. The first time I thought I was just dehydrated or something. That was before I knew I had RSD. After the 2nd one within the same week, I knew this was something more than just being dehydrated. I have fainted before in my life and I know what it feels like. This was a little different in 1) I never actually fainted...just felt like I was going to faint for an hour or so. 2) I never got the cold sweat like I have when I fainted before. 3) this really caught my attention when you said this...I felt too weak to even speak.

The person I was with was trying to talk to me and it was if I couldn't respond to them. It felt like it took all the energy I had to mumble one word. I too was very pale. I felt very weak and like I had to lay down immediately. Even laying for 10min doesnt rid the feeling. I felt this way for about an hour and was out of it for the rest of the day. I was extremly tired for the test of the day and felt sorta disoriented. I was driving home about an hour after one episode and was taking wrong turns when i know the way home. I know this HAS to be a result of my RSD since I have never had this kind of fainting spells in my life before.

The other times I have fainted in my life (pre-RSD) there was always a reason....dentist breaking a drill bit off in my gums), watching my dads nurse poke his hand with a needle for 30 minutes trying to hit a vein. These recent episodes were not brought on by any unusual circumstances. I read on wikapedia's description of RSD that it mentions that RSD patients infrequently have fainting spells.

I have also read that it happens more with people that have lower extremity RSD vs upper. I would really like to know more about fainting with RSD. I am worried about when it may occur next and hopefully not while I am out driving or something. I would like to know what can bring on these episodes. If anyone has any more info on this, it would be greatly appreciated. I told my nuerologist and she says its not related, I know it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali12 View Post
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if I posted about this before and can't seem to find any posts on it so thought I would repost.

I just wondered whether any of you have actually fainted because of your RSD?

On Monday, I was getting ready to go to school and got out of the bath tub and after about 5 minutes or so, I started feeling very dizzy. I went outside to try and get a bit of fresh air and my mum saw me and said that I looked really pale and told me to sit down. I was that dizzy that I didn't really know what was happening, I could hear my mum talk to me but couldn't move and it was too much of an effort to try and talk back to her.

I somehow managed to sit down and for a few seconds, everything went blank so I must have passed out for a little bit.

The dizziness lasted for about half an hour and I had to have lots of drinks to try and start feeling better. My mum thought that it was maybe caused by having the bath water too hot but it was pretty cool.

I have been feeling dizzy for the past few days now but have felt dizzy before all of this started to happen. I am OK some of the time and then I just get really dizzy and need to sit down.

I hate my PT session today but couldn't really mention it as the leading PT wasn't there. Her father-in-law passed away suddenly today. I feel really bad for her as she lost her mum and dad at Christmas and now this. I was working with another PT and the Neuro PT who was really nice. They tried putting my leg into the splint again and got me walking a few steps with it on - that hurt a lot!!!

They are still wanting to admit me into hospital to do the inpatient PT. I'm not sure when that will be but they are going to try and arrange it pretty quickly. They want me to try some intense PT before going down the route of Botox which makes a lot of sense to me. They also want to try and get my postural issues sorted as I seem to slouch a lot - the PTs said that my muscles in my back are really big compared to what they should be as I haven't used them that much for a while.

Any feedback on the dizziness and RSD would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
QUOTE=ali12;512804]Hi guys,

I'm not sure if I posted about this before and can't seem to find any posts on it so thought I would repost.

I just wondered whether any of you have actually fainted because of your RSD?

On Monday, I was getting ready to go to school and got out of the bath tub and after about 5 minutes or so, I started feeling very dizzy. I went outside to try and get a bit of fresh air and my mum saw me and said that I looked really pale and told me to sit down. I was that dizzy that I didn't really know what was happening, I could hear my mum talk to me but couldn't move and it was too much of an effort to try and talk back to her.

I somehow managed to sit down and for a few seconds, everything went blank so I must have passed out for a little bit.

The dizziness lasted for about half an hour and I had to have lots of drinks to try and start feeling better. My mum thought that it was maybe caused by having the bath water too hot but it was pretty cool.

I have been feeling dizzy for the past few days now but have felt dizzy before all of this started to happen. I am OK some of the time and then I just get really dizzy and need to sit down.

I hate my PT session today but couldn't really mention it as the leading PT wasn't there. Her father-in-law passed away suddenly today. I feel really bad for her as she lost her mum and dad at Christmas and now this. I was working with another PT and the Neuro PT who was really nice. They tried putting my leg into the splint again and got me walking a few steps with it on - that hurt a lot!!!

They are still wanting to admit me into hospital to do the inpatient PT. I'm not sure when that will be but they are going to try and arrange it pretty quickly. They want me to try some intense PT before going down the route of Botox which makes a lot of sense to me. They also want to try and get my postural issues sorted as I seem to slouch a lot - the PTs said that my muscles in my back are really big compared to what they should be as I haven't used them that much for a while.

Any feedback on the dizziness and RSD would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]
jallen711 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote