View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 12:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne C. View Post
Oh my, whatever you do, stay off the statins!
I was on Tricor for about three months, lost all sense of balance, fell three times trying to walk up to the high altar with my husband and son for my youngest's first communion, even with a cane.
My neurologist, who was new at that point and very careful about contradicting anything my PCP had prescribed said rather coyly "you might want to stop taking that".
I improved dramatically. In fact while I am weaker now, four years later, my balance has never gotten as bad as it was on the Tricor.
I believe statins and triglyceride meds are contraindicated in all PN cases, but for CMT'ers they are pure poison. Lots of info on statins on this forum.
I never took statins, but had fairly high cholesterol. I started taking one cayenne pepper pill with each meal about 2 years ago. You have to take it with the meal or you will be sorry. My levels dropped from over 200 to 135. Google search it sometime. I know it made a difference along with exercise and diet. They say it acts like a scrubber and helps remove it from the arteries. Natural solutions can be the best solution.
karsten is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
inspirations (04-24-2013), mrsD (04-23-2013), Susanne C. (04-23-2013)