Thread: Trying to cope
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 01:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRriO View Post
Wow that is a LOT to handle. Woah.

I'm glad to hear you're cutting yourself some slack and being kind to yourself!

One thing I thought of when reading your post - did they tell you when to do your eye exercises or do you just choose? I ask because I was told our eyes are most relaxed in the morning and that was when to put my prism glasses on for a few hours each day until I could tolerate them all day. Just thought this info may help?

Hope you're deep breathing and having a good moment when you read this.
They said I could space it out during the day but that would be up to me. I chose to try to do it all at the end because they make my eyes hurt a lot and I didn't want it ruining my whole day! Bad idea. Lesson learned!

I'm doing okay today. I'm keeping track of what i'm doing so I stay self aware, because having a set schedule hasn't been working well, nor has flying by the seat of my pants (as my pants seem to be Velcroed to my recliner). If I keep a record of my day, it makes me aware of how much time I'm wasting not enjoying life or at least being productive. Today, I can proudly say I've only wasted 50 minutes of time staring blankly and wishing I could get up and do something. It's an improvement. I'm going to do a little vacuuming and then reward myself with some time out on my front porch reading and writing before my daughter gets home! Then my husband and I are going to take my daughter outside to ride her trike at a local park.

Even when things aren't going my way, I still have to embrace happiness wherever I can find it. Depression isn't a choice, but how I cope with it is up to me. I am choosing to fight it tooth and nail!

I hope everyone has a good day!
I have recovered my cognitive function, and I've overcome severe vertigo through sensory integration therapy. Wellbutrin has helped me escape depression. I have recently had a few stress-related migraines, as well as headaches stemming from eye strain. I'm also dealing with tinnitus, lack of stamina, extreme light sensitivity, and eye pain. Diagnosed with 9 different vision issues: convergence insufficiency, pursuit eye movement deficit, egocentric visual midline shift, photophobia, visual information processing delays, accommodative insufficiency, saccadic eye movement deficit, lack of coordination, and central peripheral visual integration deficit.

*First concussion: October 2010. I was pregnant and got rear ended. I associated my mild PCS symptoms with baby brain and blamed my light sensitivity on allergies and dry eyes.
*Second concussion: December 2011. I hit my head on a wooden beam, saw stars but did not lose consciousness, and I had very disturbing PCS symptoms but didn't go to the doctor.
*Third concussion: August 2012. I caused a car accident as a result of PCS symptoms. Thankfully no one was injured but me. My husband confronted me, and I finally sought help and took medical leave from work. My symptoms worsened, and I developed severe vertigo.
*Fourth concussion: November 2012. I was riding in a car with a friend and we were hit head on by a driver who lost control of her car. I didn't have a big increase in PCS symptoms.
DFayesMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mokey (04-23-2013)