View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 03:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default post concussion

My name is Dave and this is my first post. I suffered a concussion at the end of November 2012. I've had an MRI and seen a neurologist who said I was fine. I suffered depression and anxiety from this concussion, two things that I never had to deal with and I am 49 years old. I am seeing a psychiatrist now who has put me on 10 mg of Lexapro. Before the concussion I was extremely active working out with weights and aerobic exercises nearly daily. After three months I tried to work out again and suffered a relapse. The depression came back and the anxiety. I also have blurred vision in my right eye that the eye dr says will go away soon. It is very frustrating not being able to exercise and when I think about that it makes my symptoms worse. Today has been an especially bad day as I am also very dizzy. Reading everyone's posts and realizing I am not alone with these symptoms is reassuring I just cant wait to get back to feeling normal again. I hope it is soon because these feelings are so frustrating.
davec49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
poetrymom (04-23-2013)