View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi roxygirl

I hear you. TN is serious, and so is your pain. I agree with the post before me. You need to get into see a neurologist. This can be done. I am not saying it is easy, but it can happen. I didn't have insurance either due to pre-existing conditions. I went to my local rural health center. From there I got a referral to a neurologist. Also if you are working, there are organizations that will pay for your office call, and for treatment, if you can go back to work. I did this so I know it is possible. Your town may also help you. I had an auction, which helped pay for my first spinal fusion. This was through friends that just made up their minds they were going to help out. It got me in the door to the neurologist, and the doctor himself lowered the price of the surgery because I asked him to. I was extremely assertive, as my quality of life was at stake. I could not take the pain either. Call your congressman, he may know of community help centers to get you in the door.
Don't be afraid to use your local ER room as well. Perhaps the doctors there can get you into see a neurologist as well. I used the ER more than once while I was trying to get the help.
Don't give up. Try some of these things. I am as poor as you are, guaranteed.
I now have disability and finally get the medical care. It is a long road, and not so easy, but there is help there, if you start calling around. I will be here to listen anytime you want. There are also womens' resource centers in many communities that may have direction. All my best to you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote