View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 05:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Phantom Smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegleg View Post
I was participating in a trial (gneome) at NIH in Bethesda and had to take the "smell test." I forget how many scratch and sniff choices there were, but they all smelled the same to me. (I guess I failed the test!)

Sometimes I smell strong "phantom" smells. Nobody else can smell them, but they arre strong to me.... It is usually a toxic smell, like glue. Does anyonne else have this problem, and what does it mean?

Peggy
Peggy, my sense of smell has diminished a bit. I did not notice it at diagnosis, 18 months ago, but now realize that I do not smell things, such as food cooking, as soon as my dear hubster does. I have just recently been aware of a “phantom” smell. It is not particularly offensive or pleasant, it will be there for days and then go away. So odd, all these nuances of the disease. Anyway, my hubster will be taking the smell survey!

Also, I saw your picture in the PDF newsletter. Thank you for all that you’ve done for PD. I was part of the cogane trial and hope to participate in future trials.

Jill
Stand Tall is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote