View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 08:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
I am not surprised. Most of the hype for oxygen comes from those who have a business interest in using it. The patients are paying to be part of this anecdotal research.

Properly done, the pressure should be increased slow enough to not cause a problem. But then, do you have the money to pay for 60 to 80 treatments with a chance of a slight improvement ?
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I haven't tried HBOT. I've been breathing oxygen with a mask and tanks at home. It's very inexpensive (only $40/month) and I don't get it from my doctor.

The functional neurology chiropractor I saw said the two things the brain needs are glucose and oxygen, and recommends that I do the oxygen while doing the vision exercises he gave me to do at home.

I'm starting on a very low dose (2 liters/minute) for a short time period (10-15 minutes/day). I do seem to feel better after the oxygen, but the benefit tapers off after a few hours. Although there seems to be a temporary benefit, I've been feeling worse in general over the past couple of weeks and am wondering if the oxygen could be causing that. So I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried this type of oxygen.
CBS64 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote