View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 03:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default No...it doesn't get easier....

OK...I wanna play devils advocate....for me it hasn't gotten easier!
I used to whine, sob, cry when my son left for a few days away from me.
Now he's in his mid 30's and now have my grand daughter....I can't stand being away more than a few days away from her.
Her family was torn asunder when her mommy took off with another guy, leaving this baby shattered to bits.
I stepped in to pick up the peices....but she loves her mommy despite all she's done. My son was broken as well...but is not total innocent.
Now whenever she goes to her moms every other weekend....from the moment she leaves to the moment she's returned....I'm so uneasy and worry myself sick.
I worry when my son travels the freeways, goes scuba diving or goes away on vacation...I always have these "what if" tapes playing.
But I worry about leaving my cats alone for the weekend....its just part of my past fears of abandonment issues.
I am only robbing myself as this worry does nothing to help what ever scenario may play out as it never does.
Here's something that happened to me last summer....we took our grandaughter, Madi along with us for a months long road trip.
We visited my home town and showed her places I'd gone to as a teen. It was an old mining town with a rattlesnake under every rock!
As we walked the paths I insisted Madi stay close to us, warned not to wander for fear of these rattle snakes.
We spent several hours having fun investigating the hills and as we rounded the end of the path our truck was now only 10 feet away.

Madi ran ahead wanting to get a drink....as she did she ran right past a rattlesnake! Her foot came within inches from stepping on it....she had to step right over it to keep from stepping on it!
She didn't see it till it slid past her foot...then she screamed, jumping straight up in the air!
Here I'd spent the entire afternoon holding her back...not allowing her an inch of freedom....then when finally let go, feeling home safe....right there within inches of her was the feared rattler!
Just goes to show that no matter how we try to protect and keep out of harms way.....something out of nowhere crosses our paths!
We just have to let go....we have no way of knowing what our path holds before us.
Before you know it...your daughter will be safe at home and will have loads of interesting stories to share with you!
Blessings, cheryl
I wonder how many rattlers watched us pan for gold at this cool stream side?
More than I'd ever want to know!
Malakoff Diggins Calif Panning for Gold w/ grumpa The ugly rattler!
Attached Thumbnails
OT:  Daughter left for D.C.-img_2384-jpg   OT:  Daughter left for D.C.-img_2373-jpg   OT:  Daughter left for D.C.-img_2388-jpg  
Still life is worth living no matter how bad my pain is....there will be a better day....I tell myself this often, and the sun breaks through the clouds...and I smile!
crytears is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote