View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 07:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Chat Corpus Callosum Lesion

I recently had major complications from a simple vaginal hysterectomy which produced massive ball of infection, 7 day stay in hospital, pleurisy, drain in back side for 2 weeks to drain the infection and then 4th day home I came down with TOTAL vertigo...could hardly walk the first few days....I have had mild vertigo as an MS relapses 2 times before...but because I still had active infection in my body my Neurologist and the other docs said NO steroid infusion until infection was under control/gone. This took another 30 days. The entire 30 days the vertigo calmed down bit by bit, but did not go away. It has now been 2 1/2 months of mild vertigo and they finally did an MRI and found a new hypersensitive (spelling?) lesion in the posterior splenium corpus callosum. But when researching this, it says it effects cognitive, et al and I cannot necesarily find vertigo symtoms from lesions in this area and am wondering how vertigo might be associated with cognitive and I am wondering if this lesion is causing my continued vertigo. Any answers???

Thanks so very much!
Verniechaos
Verniechaos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (04-24-2013), SallyC (04-24-2013)