View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 08:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snailz View Post
Hi thank you for your reply I wish I could get a second neurologist but sadly I can't I live in the UK and here we have to go through a referral system Which takes a long time, I was rushed through But we don't get an option of who we see, Did you get eye pain or was yours something different? Thanks again.
Well if you can't get a second opinion, perhaps you can do a lot of reading online and/or get some of the books by experts. Check out the Trigeminal Neuralgia Association website resources. Read the threads at the top of this section of NeuroTalk. The more you learn, the more you will know what questions to ask your doctor and what things to tell your doctor about what you are experiencing.

No, my pain wasn't around the eye. Mine was in the lowest branch of the nerve - around the lower left lip. I had lightning bolt, stabbing, electric shocks. But while waiting to rule out other causes before treatment started, the pain became constant, burning pain so bad I couldn't do anything but lie in bed and breath deeply.