View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 09:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I would consider myself to be a PCS success story now, but only just this week. Hopefully I am out of the woods.

I initially had dizzyness after my mTBI in early November 2012 and took two weeks off. However after nine days in work I had to go off again because of dizzyness and headache. As time passed the headaches came when I woke up and I started to get fuzzyness around the same time as the kids came home at 3.

The fuzzyness went and was transformed into light and noise sensitivity, with this came chronic fatigue and insomnia. The headaches and facial pain got so bad I was awake for virtually 3 days and had a collapse in January. After examination by my GP I was sent to hospital for a scan as he felt there was a bleed on the brain. Thankfully not, but at this point the children went to a childminder, rather than me look after them. Looking after three noisy children under 10 was a big mistake! Whilst trying to build stamina by swimming or walking was futile, as it did nothing but caused head pressure and subsequent migraines with dreadful noise/light sensivity, insomnia and fatigue.

I researched post concussion headaches and discovered they should be treated as migraines. I was then prescribed Imigran which I took at night and this helped greatly. I then had neurosychological input and from this realised that a lot of the physiological symptoms are heightened by anxiety and worry about symptoms.

To help me I was prescribed Cymbalta which immediately lifted mood, helped headaches, fatigue and within days my sleep was back to normal. I then agreed a plan with my boss to go back to work part time. I have built myself upto three 8-5 days and am about to go to four. My only symptoms now are mild headaches and fatigue if I do too much work or exercise.

Also, alternative therapy is very helpful. Going for a massage is relaxing and helps tension and headaches. I genuinely believe that reflexology does aid healing. A hot bubble bath can go a long way in helping fatigued legs, and adding epson salts is a good way of helping as well, it is full of magnesium.
PCS following head injury November 2012. Experienced dizzyness, light and noise sensitivity, hypercusis, fatigue, insomnia, migraines, facial pain, problems concentrating, irritability, sensory overload, exercise intolerance.

Symptoms mostly resolved, working full time and I am now mostly better. I wake 6am daily since my injury. Was experiencing daily Neuralgia which was controlled with Cymbalta 30mg, Lyrica 200mg daily. Now only on 30mg Cymbalta.

Last edited by mouse1; 04-24-2013 at 12:41 PM.
mouse1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DFayesMom (04-24-2013), Su seb (04-26-2013)