View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 12:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was divorced about 20 years ago, and I have not seriously dated anyone since getting RSD almost 15 years ago. There are things that I do, though, that I know will make me worse the next day, maybe even for many days. It is very easy to become a person who stays in the house and only goes out for medical need, grocery. It is a balancing act. I love flowers, nature, photography. I will go out on good days and do a bit of photography at a local arboretum. I can drive around there, with little walking. Or, go to a conservatory in the winter where it will be warm. Seeing beauty helps my mind. I can't stand vibration, so I don't go to movies or concerts but I will go to see comedians when I can afford it. Does your girlfriend have a DVD player? Pickup takeout, a movie, and enjoy at home with her. There are lots of ways to have date night at home and be creative, romantic, thoughtful.

I will say, if you stick with her, you may have a rough way because of her RSD. Yet, challenges often make for the deepest most satisfying love.

Just the fact that you are here trying to understand her RSD speaks volumes about your character.

Now, if I could find someone with the same attitude around my age, in my area....
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (04-24-2013)