View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 02:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarrett View Post
Hello everyone, I'm Keith.

My CRPS was brought on when I fell at work and injured my left wrist. After several false starts, I was diagnosed in late December.

I've been on Co-Codamol since day one and was prescribed amitriptyline when officially diagnosed. I was also on gabapentim, but suffered from memory lapses and poor concentration. This culminated in my letting the children into the kitchen having left the cooker and grill on. For some reason, my wife took a dim view of them being in the room with a cooker on fire!

I'm just starting on lyrica, in the hope that I have fewer side effects!
Welcome Keith!
I'm pretty new here myself, but it is a wonderful place for support and information! I too have CRPS from broken wrist and surgery in December.
I was switched from Gabapentin to Lyrica. The side effects are similar, but the Lyrica makes me less "queasy". I had the dose lowered to 50 mg. and they want me to work up to 3 per day, but 2 is the most I can handle so far.
If I wait to take second one at bedtime it's easier to function but it's harder to get up and going in the morning.
My Dr. recommended supplementing with Vit. C, magnesium, and D3 is supposed to help keep the bone from being affected.
Keep us posted and welcome!
AZ-Di is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kbarrett (04-24-2013)