View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 03:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Featherbullet,

I found these boards when I was struggling for a diagnosis, any diagnosis, for my issues. I felt alone even here because I didn't have the tingling or burning. Just pain. My general practicioner decided my diagnosis was idiopathic PN of the large intestine. I went through an endoscopy - they found h.pylori but that didn't clear the pain. I went through a colonoscopy where they found pre-cancerous polyps. A 2nd colonoscopy confirmed they got them all. Then I had an exploratory laproscopy looking for endometriosis, where they didn't find any - but did remove my appendix. Again no change in pain level. They referred me to another surgeon, who refused to listen to my experience. So I halted all treatment, which kept me house bound, and mostly bed ridden, curled in a ball.
My pain is in the lower left quadrant of my abdomen. Exactly where the appendix would be, but on the other side. The Cymbalta was prescribed and finally I could have good days again. I only took it for a month and then figured out how to better manage my symptoms. I cut out all fried foods and most meat products. I eat meat about once a month now, and definately never anything fried or overly greasy. I can minimize my flairs in my intestines.
Now, after 2 years of healthy management... Now I get the tingling, the numbness, the weakness, and the pain in my hands and feet.
I don't think our stomach pains are similar, but I wanted to let you know there are others out there. That someone does know your frusteration, and depression when new symptoms pop up just when you were managing the others. I know we've spoke before and you can't do the Cymbalta, but I hope you get some relief from your new symptom or concern.
abbyrition is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lined_in_silver (07-30-2013)