View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 05:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Gabapentin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
This is from nerve involvement. I can't say for sure if it's nerve "damage" yet, but it's definitely nerve involvement. The nerves are being impinged somewhere, and that's what causes that water effect. Sometimes you may feel burning too, or perhaps an 'electrical zap.' That's also nerve involvement.

This can be controlled with medication, like Neurontin (Gabapentin) -- I hated that stuff cause it made me feel loopy all the time, and I gained about 30 lbs of water weight! My doc put me on Topamax, and that worked great with no side effects. Others have reported having problems on it, but I love it. I've been on it for years! Then there is Lyrica -- I'm on that too, with no problem. I'm sure there are other medications besides, but I can't tell you what they are. I'm only familiar with these, but they all help with the nerve involvement.

Talk to your doc about it. He CAN help you with it. Keep us posted, ok? God bless & take care. Hugs, Lee
Yea. I have mentioned all my funny side affects to him and he just kinda makes note of it and has now referred me to a neurologist, which is probably best right now as my imaging reports don't look very bad on paper...it's how I am feeling that is horrible...such a struggle hey??

At one point he put me on gabapentin and I had the same side affects as you did. I felt like a bloody zombie drooling on the couch!

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts! Cali
cali4nia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-27-2013), tamiloo (04-27-2013)