View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 05:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Cali,

Not that I'd wish this neck pain on anyone, but it is comforting to know someone else out there is experiencing the same symptoms. For those who state PT is "usually more effective" than steroids, as my original post said I gave PT several months and it only seemed to aggravate my condition. As far as steroid injections go, I'm not too familiar with them but have read "just one" did the trick....for some folks, including a nurse co worker of mine. We'll see as I have a pain management consult in less than 2 weeks. I'm an RN who works in a teaching hospital so when I return to work this Sat, I plan on asking our Orthpedic PAs their opinion/advice; They see these conditions all the time and are actually in the OR with the local neurosurgeons. I know they'll offer honest advice.

Cali, occasionally my left arm feels a bit heavy and aching but no numbness or tingly to speak of. What works best for me is NO stretching , strengthening or even isometric exercises of the neck..... The more Gently I treat it along with bio freeze, the better. This is why I didn't even consider seeing a chiroprator., I don't need my neck structures contorted any more than they are.

We'll see what happens, I'll keep you updated!
Pensive one is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote