View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 07:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New here and had or having a relapse

First of all hello. I just found the forum today and have been reading it for the last 4 hours.
History: I was involved in a 5 car accident in April 2011. I was leaning forward to look out the side view mirror to stop from hitting a car that had been struck and was spinning. I couldn't get over and looked in the rear view mirror to see if I could slow down. I saw the car that had struck the first car barreling down on me. Next thing I know I was up against the wall on the highway telling my son I broke a nail. Lol!!!! Ambulance came and the police were questioning me. They to know what happened. At the time the only thing that I thought that happened was me getting hit and pulling over to the side of the highway. He asked when did I hit the other cars. I told him I hadn't. Well apparently I did because my son told them and I was told to look outside the ambulance at my car.Both front and back were smashed. That's when it was realized that I was knocked out.
Fast forward..... after accident I felt fine minus soreness. 3 days later I felt burning sensations in my face and arm. Went to the ER and was referred to a neurologist. My appt was 4 days later. I started noticing weird things happening like water running for no reason, frying pans on a lit stove for no reason, having trouble talking, not finding the words or not remembering them, shooting pains down my arms, severe muscle spasms that caused my head to turn.
I thought the memory and speech issue was from the pain medicine I was on, so I quit taking them. I went to my neurologist and was diagnosed with PCS and cervicular radiculopathy.
I got better. Never got back to "me."
These last couple of days I've been having the initial symptoms "foggy brain, blurred vision, dizziness, problem concentrating, not remembering what I just read, sharp headaches, muscle twitches. I went to the dr today and she's referring me to a neurologist to set me up for a neuropsychological exam.
That's how I found this forum. Has anyone been for the better part "healed" and had a relapse???
Renabrown2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote