View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 07:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Need help explaining my PCS.

I had a discussion with my friend today regarding a concert we are suppose to attend, as we always do every year. I told her a couple times already, well in advance, that I can not go. I explained to her my current relapse which caused me to quit my job.

She seems to believe that I will miraculously be better/cured in 2 months and that I will be able to tolerate loud music, flashy lights and drunk people screaming all around me. Then she compared me to a NHL player and his multiple concussions. Basically, if he can still play, I should be able to attend the concert. I gave her examples of not being able to drive and listen to music at the same time, wearing sunglasses even on cloudy days, how loud music and clanking of weights in a gym was enough to trigger symptoms. What can I say to her that will actually ring a bell for her and she will "get it" and find someone else to go with. I told her I may be better then, however, it does not mean I can be in that type of environment and I have no desire to compromise the recovery process.

Thank you for your responses.
aldora is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote