View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 07:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks guys - and gals!

It just helps a little to know that I am not alone in my . . . . problems. The stimulator does not seem to make any difference whatsoever in either my urinary or sexual problems. This almost seems like a side effect of having the surgery itself. Spiney - my surgeon does have a plan. Basically, I start physical therapy/rehab in June. I was in a car accident back in '03 but made what I thought was a full recovery. The accident was bad enough to leave me in bed for several months followed by a year of rehab basically learning to walk again. My surgeon says that my gait is off and that I am walking - when I can walk - very incorrectly. Incorrectly? I get from point A to point B, I consider that walk a success! He wants me to get my muscle memory retrained properly so that I walk, stand, sit, and even lay down "correctly". Anyway, once the therapy is complete, it's back under the knife for me to have L-1 and L-2 fused, then more recovery followed by more therapy, then have I think it was C-1 and C-2 fused followed by more recovery. Not sure about therapy following that. Anyway, he says that he can have my back fixed and in about 5 years, I'm going to be better than where I am now. He did admit that he could not predict what was going to happen with the nerve damage and pain. That's the plan!
littletexan77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-25-2013), Mark56 (05-05-2013), Rrae (04-30-2013)