View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 11:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I think that the pace of vision therapy is only productive if you can function afterwards.

If it hurts too much (yes, it really does as you build new neuropathways and flex muscles; I get migraines lasting for 2-3 days) perhaps going into the clinic once every 2 weeks and doing the exercises at home as you can.

I went every week for 4 weeks, then staggered it every two weeks. Now I do two weeks on and two weeks off.

Overtime, the pain will decrease, but you get to set the pace in terms of how much.

On a different note, I had my first visual hallucination: a crab in the middle of the street. It was actually a leaf blowing, but for several seconds my brain was having fun!

Post-event: Diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome, ptsd, whiplash, peripheral and central vestibular dysfunction and convergence insufficiency. MRI/CT scans fine.

Symptoms: daily headaches, dizziness/vertigo, nausea, cognitive fog, light/noise sensitivities, anxiety/irritability, fatigued, convergence insufficiency, tinnitus and numbness in arms/legs.

Therapies: Now topamax 50mg daily; Propanolol and Tramadol when migraine. Off nortryptiline and trazodone. Accupuncture. Vitamin regime. Prism glasses/vision therapy. Vestibular therapy 3month. Gluten free diet. Dairy free diet. On sick leave from teaching until Sept. 2014.
berkeleybrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DFayesMom (04-25-2013)