View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 07:45 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I'm 52 now and started having symptoms in my 20's. Didn't know then what it was but it wasn't bad enough for me to investigate. My episodes of symptom flareups were so few and far between that I just attributed it to other things (being tired, lack of sleep, etc.).

Now that MS is more widely recognized and there are more treatments that you can begin early in the disease progression it makes sense to investigate the symptoms you're having. There are so many other conditions that mimic MS you're smart to get moving on finding out what's causing them.

It's a slow, methodical process of elimination. MRI's should be done with contrast otherwise there's not much point in having them done. Gabapentin can also cause some of the symptoms you've mentioned.

In my opinion it's not too early to begin testing for MS or at least eliminating what it's NOT so you can get closer to an answer of what it IS. Good luck!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (04-25-2013), Friend2U (04-28-2013), KittyLady (04-25-2013), SallyC (04-25-2013)