View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 11:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ This is pretty complicated, and I'll explain WHAT I CAN, but there's some I don't understand.

1. This, you'll have to have more testing done. As is stated here, you need to have computerized tomography done with contrast material. Talk to your doctor about this.

2. This is your cervical spine (neck) - This shows osteochrondrosis. This is a disease usually found in children and animals and it is in which an ossification center (bone formation) in the epiphyses (a part of process of bone that ossifies) of lone bones undergoes degeneration followed by calcification. It also shows spondylosis, which is any degenerative disease of the spine which can cause pain, tiingling, numbness, lack of coordination, as well as many other symptoms.

3. C4-5 and C6-7 Bulging annuli Fibrosus ~ The way I'm understanding it, the Annula is a fluid filled sac that the disc sits in, and it is becoming fibrous and is bulging.

4. C5-6 Borderline right neuroforaminal stenosis. The foramen are the holes that the nerves pass thru to get to the spinal cord. Stenosis means narrowing. So this means that the Foramen are being narrowed due to what's going on in #2.

5. I'm confused on this one. It states a herniated nucleus pulposus -- but the way I understand it, the nucleus pulposus is almost obliterated in the adult of higher vertebrates as the vertebrae develop! At any rate, at C5-6 yours is herniated with borderline cervical spinal stenosis. This means that your spinal canal is narrowing.

All of the above have to do with your neck. I wish I could help you with your shoulder, but I don't know a thing about that. And since you didn't have a lumbar (lower back) MRI, I can't answer any questions as to why your lower back hurts. You probably need an MRI of your lower back too.

I hope I didn't confused you too much. Take care & God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (05-07-2013), WorknThruDPainGuy (04-25-2013)