View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Hayley,

Unfortunately your situation is beyond our scope. There is no one here who can effectively discuss the extent and intricacies of your case.

Not knowing how to help you other than to say that you definitely need an experienced surgeon who is extremely well versed in atrophic rhinitis. During a brief google search, I came across a Dr K.O. Paulose who is supposedly a world class ENT surgeon with 38 yrs of experience and he performs surgery in the UK... or so the site says. I am not personally familiar with his work so I cannot vouch for his abilities. Just google Dr K.O. Paulose if you are interested in reading about him.

My heart goes out to you... I pray that you find the care that you need and deserve. Try to think positively even when you feel drained. Also without a doubt it's important to take good care of yourself. Seek the help of a nutritionist if you think your diet can be improved as our body requires good nourishment to heal.

I wish you all the best... and don't give up.... you will get through this!
Check back with us okay and let us know how you're doing.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by hka7464 View Post
Hi, I will try to keep this short. I had a tooth extracted in Sept 2010 which resulted in a fisula. It was in Feb 11 that the hospital confirmed it had closed. In this time I had developed an infection in my maxillary sinus. It is now Apr 13 - I have had 2 x caldwell luc involving debridement, 3 x FESS, and lastly in Jan 13, the maxillary wall removed. I have just been diagnosed with atrophic rhinosinusitis and the infection continues. I am in constant pain with frequent neuralgia/migraine. The smell is awful, I have a post nasal drip and big crusts coming from my nose. Oral antibiotics are not working and I feel at a lost end. I am with my 3rd hospital because they consider my case a mistery. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you
Hayley from South Wales-UK

Last edited by Bryanna; 04-25-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote