View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 01:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My first SCS was the bi leads and the sensations went down both legs and BETWEEN my legs .. but not in a good way (othewise I would be one happy lady) ...I didn't like the sensation .. to get relief I had to turn it up so much that I walked liked Forrest Gump.

As for sex .. it's almost as though I've lost all feeling "down there" ... even now I don't have a SCS .. but I think a lot of that is due to medication as much as anything else.

I had a paddle lead fitted which worked amazingly well. The sensation went down one leg (the onle it should, before you ask) and was just there in thebackground as an additive to my meds.

I've since lost that due to infection and will never have anything that has to do with having my back opened up again as the scar tissue is not good.

You can always satisfy your wife other ways ... and to be honest, a cuddle is siply the best to show I'm wanted.

I'm stuck on medication at the moment .. and because I am trying NOT to increase the dose, this means I spend quite a lot of time some days, in bed. Today I managed to get up and go on my mobility scooter to the post office. Others I try to get out of bed and think that the pain in my back means my back is going to break because it'snto strong enough to hold my top body up.

When I initially explored SCS my Surgeon was straight enough to say that this would do nothing for my back pain, only my sciatic pain and if I thought it would help my back pain then he would not even consider me having it. I hhope that bit helps a little.

You're not alone .. someone out there is going through some of the same things .. all I can say is ...

See that chair near the fire? That's mine that is!

Saffy x (Karen)
Saffy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-25-2013), Mark56 (05-05-2013), Rrae (04-30-2013)