View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 03:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,

Thank you for the tongue scraper suggestion. I have used my tooth brush for the tongue but not the scrapper so I will definitely give that a try. Another question: I have an appointment to have #31 tooth removed in about 3 weeks. It is a root canaled tooth that was done about 18 years ago (and there has been problems with it too). On a different post you had suggested the person to consider an oral surgeon in their situation rather than a dentist. I was planning on having the same holistic dentist that extracted #2 and #3 root canal teeth do #31, but I do want to make a wise and informed choice. He seemed very thorough with the removal of those 2 infected ones (periodontal ligament, site cleaning, etc.) and he also does cavitation surgeries for those with that unfortunate situation. I have had to really argue with several other dentists to even listen to me that I was having so much pain from those other 2 teeth. I feel really fortunate to have found this Dr. to listen to me and successfully remove them. He did take additional X-rays of #31 to confirm that he could do the removal but I am always open to additional information. Do you feel that lower molars require an oral surgeon versus a dentist?
Thank you,
Samantha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Samantha,

A white coating on the tongue can indicate a thrush, dehydration, mouth breathing or it could also be an accumulation of food debris. Smokers and people who use decongestants also often have a white tongue. Do you brush or scrape your tongue as part of your oral hygiene regimen? If not, then buy a tongue scraper and use it (gently) once a day at bedtime .... see if that helps.
SamanthaJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote