View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 05:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Mad xanex as treatment for dystonia?

hi y'all.
My neuro is being a pain in the but and taking her sweet time diagnosing me with dystonia. I think she's trying to convince me that it's all in my head. FYI: dystonia is a rare neurological condition where the basal ganglia portion of the brain sends out instructions to certain muscles that are not intended. for me, my neck moves down, back, side to side, my jaw clenches, strains forwards or down, and nearly dislocates itself side to side. I haven't been able to completely open my left hand for longer than hour in about two weeks. My right foot curls in and I end up walking on the outside of my foot.
My neuro finally prescribed me an rx of xanex today. As I have a history of bad and weird side effects to medications, I have gotten in the habit of looking up side effects to any med before I take it. (I once massively hallucinated to zithromax, z-pac, the antibiotic. Hallucinations are not even on the side effect possibility list). Anyway, lo and behold, xanex is listed as a medication THAT CAN CAUSE OR MAKE DYSTONIA SYMPTOMS WORSE! She must only be giving it to me as an anitanxiety drug. This is really hacking me off. All my physical histories do not meet the typical symp.toms. My gallbladder disease went undiagnosed for a long time because my pain was referred.
My hubby thinks i should track down another neuro and get a second opinion. opinions? I'm really getting tired of being treated like a head case all the time. That's not the issue. although i may get there if they keep blowing me off.
ionaskye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote