View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 06:10 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Samantha,

I often suggest people see an oral surgeon for extractions because they are trained to perform a more thorough surgery than a general dentist. However, if your dentist is familiar with and experienced in doing cavitational surgery, then he is most likely as thorough as an oral surgeon when it comes to extractions. You also have recent experience with his surgery regarding #2 and 3.... and it's been a good one! So if he is confident that he can remove #31 and you are comfortable with his doing it.... then there is no reason to go elsewhere

Very glad you are doing so well!!
Keep in touch here ok........
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJ View Post
Hi Bryanna,

Thank you for the tongue scraper suggestion. I have used my tooth brush for the tongue but not the scrapper so I will definitely give that a try. Another question: I have an appointment to have #31 tooth removed in about 3 weeks. It is a root canaled tooth that was done about 18 years ago (and there has been problems with it too). On a different post you had suggested the person to consider an oral surgeon in their situation rather than a dentist. I was planning on having the same holistic dentist that extracted #2 and #3 root canal teeth do #31, but I do want to make a wise and informed choice. He seemed very thorough with the removal of those 2 infected ones (periodontal ligament, site cleaning, etc.) and he also does cavitation surgeries for those with that unfortunate situation. I have had to really argue with several other dentists to even listen to me that I was having so much pain from those other 2 teeth. I feel really fortunate to have found this Dr. to listen to me and successfully remove them. He did take additional X-rays of #31 to confirm that he could do the removal but I am always open to additional information. Do you feel that lower molars require an oral surgeon versus a dentist?
Thank you,
Samantha
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-26-2013)