View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 06:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the responses. I figured it would be a few hours of testing. I too am hoping that I find out a little more about my problem areas.

I've never been to a psychologist let alone a neuropsychologist so it's a little intimidating. But I think this is the best place I will be able to find care for a concussion in the Pittsburgh area.

I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes!
I was in a snowboarding accident on January 19, 2013. I caught an edge on my snowboard while carving down the mountain without a helmet. I smacked the back of my head hard on the ground. I was not knocked out and it took about a week for symptoms to come into full effect.

Since my accident I have been in a cycle of feeling better and then relapsing. It has happened many times. Although I think the overall trend is slowly traveling up. My symptoms included headaches, anxiety, sensitivity to light and noise, dizziness, fatigue, confusion, trouble concentrating, brain fog, loss of social interest, irritability, and mood swings.

Many symptoms have since resolved and I am left with slight dizziness, sensitivity to large crowds and busy environments, small amounts of anxiety, and brain fog off and on.

I am currently under the care of a neuropsychologist at the UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Clinic. I am also undergoing balance/vestibular physical therapy to help with my remaining symptoms.
Tpont21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote