View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 08:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default welcome littletexan

Hi there and welcome
Does not sound right to me that at 5 months you have these problems…I am only guessing here from things I have read…your leads may have moved a bit and are touching other nerves causing the pain; your problems with urinating and (please forgive me) a happy ending. I too had horrific pain at 5 months tho all my leads were fine…I just had to go back to work at 100% or lose my job.
I have had problems after surgery urinating as my bladder does not wake up from the anesthesia...there is a drug that can help. I have not experienced any sensation difficulty with sex…I am fearful to be “robust”…I am so fearful of that pain… I do not have a partner to experiment for options either.
My experience is my SCS feels like an alien in my body…I get a bit of relief from it…I really was not a candidate for it. I have not recovered well and I am at 13 months now….
I also have pain on my right side compensating for the injuries of my left side. My gait was changed and my hips and muscles adjusted to carry weight abnormally as I had surgery on my L knee …this pain is now showing up 3 years post auto accident. I find massage and yoga help keep my structural integrity in place.
One more thought….a SCS prevents MRI’s so I wonder why your doctor did it knowing you have so much more surgery to do,
Anyway…Mark and Rae will be along soon...and I am sure you will have much of the support and interest of this group.

Johanna
Hannabananna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-25-2013), Mark56 (05-05-2013), Rrae (04-30-2013)