View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 05:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
Hi Mystical ~ I try to help:

At C5-6 you have a herniation causing central spinal stenosis. This is where the spinal canal gets narrow. It also is causing cord compression -- this means that the herniation is causing the spinal cord to be pinched, which is NOT good!

At C3-4, 4-5, 5-6 you have herniations which are broadbased (big at the bottom) and all causing spinal stenosis (canal gets narrow)

At T1-2 There's a small right paracentral disc herniation causing spinal stenosis (canal narrowing)

The cervical spine has straightened (doesn't have the proper curve) and has rotated. There is also soft tissue injury & muscle spasms.

I hope you have an appointment with a NEUROSURGEON (NOT a neurologist!) You need to get an opinion as to what he thinks needs to be done. Then after you get THAT opinion, you need to get at least 2 more from other Neurosurgeons. Never make a decision based on just ONE Neurosurgeons' opinion.

Surgery is for mechanical problems only and is NOT for pain. Usually, you will still have the same pain or worse after surgery. Plus you have the problem of the "Domino Effect" where the levels above/below the surgery site fail. That is because they have to take on more of the load. This means more surgery. Then after THAT surgery, you run the risk of the "Domino Effect" again!!! So it's a vicious circle. The doctors don't tell you this.

The fact that you have cord compression makes this more serious than a lot of cases. I'm not SURE, but you may HAVE to have surgery. You will have to have the Neurosurgeons opinions on this. But like I said, make SURE you have at least 3 opinions.

Best of luck and God bless! Please let us know how you come out, okay? Hugs, Lee
Thanks.. I appreciate it.
mystical47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote