View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 07:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllfo View Post
I have RLS, TN, Carpal Tunnel, PN and SEVERE nighttime muscle cramps. I have been on Quinine for years. Two to three of the 324mg Qualaquin capsules daily. I KNOW it is hard on my body and would love to find something else.

Tricare insurance just told me they won't approve it for anything but Malaria.

I have heard people say Neurontin helps. I have tried drinking tonic water. No luck.

My right calf muscle cramps hard enough that I have to jump up in the air and land on the ball of my right foot, more than once, to relieve the cramp. I have a further complication. I have been on a LOT of antibiotics, including Cipro and Levaquin. A side effect of these is to weaken (?) the tendon holding the muscle on the bone. Currently, I have ruptured the tendon holding my right bicep to the bone. See why I am afraid of these cramps? I am so afraid I will jump up and when I land I will tear the calf muscle off the bone.

I don't like quinine. Wish we had something else. This forum might be my best hope.
Thanks for taking the time to read this...Dave

EDIT: My Primary Care doctor said he thought Mirapex for RLS would help the muscle cramps. News to me.
Sound a lot like what I'm going through I take 400MG 0f Gabapentin 3 times aday.. No longer have the night cramps.. and even if I do, the pain and duration is much less.. I still have a problem if I try to walk a great distance.
dseckt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote