Thread: Roll Call
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Sorry I'm a little late to check in, but I am doing OK .... at last. I had surgery some weeks back followed by some setbacks, but thankfully they're now in the past and I'm looking forward to getting back to normal as soon as possible.

The only other thing with me is I lost a cousin a few days ago. He died suddenly and unexpectedly so that was quite a shock. He didn't even have a history of illness so we just have to wait on the post mortem to find out why it happened.

I know I'm of an age now when older relatives are beginning to die and I know that it's to be expected, but it's always upsetting when it does occur. I've been closer to my cousins than I have to my own siblings, and I have been for decades. We've always been more friends than we have cousins so if one of them dies, I don't only lose a family member but I lose a friend as well.

It's getting cooler here in the Southern Hemisphere. Brrr! I've put on the winter bedclothes and dragged my warm, winter woollies out of storage. I do so hate the cold so thank goodness for central heating and warm clothes. I'm praying for a mild winter and an early spring and hope that your own late spring does not influence the one we will have here, later in the year.

It was lovely hearing from everybody and beg forgiveness for my tardy check in.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (05-02-2013), Alffe (04-26-2013), katmae (04-26-2013), Lara (04-26-2013), tamiloo (04-27-2013)