View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 09:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
links?
haven't seen that tidbit before. and as far as more cases of pd near cities, that's where the neuros are too and where i assume people with healthcare problems tend to move to.

customer support representatives probably spend more time in front of a computer screen than programmers, plus programmers might just be more likely to seek a diagnosis with likely pretty decent healthcare benefits and better education.
but regardless, interesting theory.
I think they are really onto something here. This finding was entirely serendipitous which lends further credibility to me- absolutely no underlying bias.

Most of what I have listed is either explained and supported in the article link, but here are a few more resources. The following on the pineal gland used to be free full text, but frankly abstracts are so detailed that you do not read much beyond them. Did you see the maps in fig. 6? Not saying this is sole cause of PD but it certainly may be a key player.

Seasonality of striatal dopamine synthesis capacity in Parkinson's disease.

Further, Willis et al. have long term studies showing PD patients gained symptomatic benefits and reduced med intake following one hour of light therapy each night before bed. The data is pretty supportive but the study needs to replicated in a double blinded study to really gain ground.

Parkinson's disease as a neuroendocrine disorder of circadian function: dopamine-melatonin imbalance and the visual system in the genesis and progression of the degenerative process.

Please see the light therapy thread for the other article chronicling the light therapy experiments with PD patients.
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote