View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 12:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default link

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
links?
haven't seen that tidbit before. and as far as more cases of pd near cities, that's where the neuros are too and where i assume people with healthcare problems tend to move to.

customer support representatives probably spend more time in front of a computer screen than programmers, plus programmers might just be more likely to seek a diagnosis with likely pretty decent healthcare benefits and better education.
but regardless, interesting theory.
I read long ago that PWP were higher in three categories:

1. computer programmers (I know many and can tell you that there is no way anyone spends more time in front of a screen that a real programmer....the top guys/gals, spend 16-20 hours at a time, they need to get into "the groove" and when they do, they do amazing things but now I am wondering at what cost...talk about messing with one's circadian rhythm)...probably hard-core gamers fall into this category as well since they get into the game and can be in it for days!

2. clergy

3. teachers

The only thing I could come up with that is common to all three, in my experience, is that the people I know in these categories are kinder and have much more compassion for their fellow man than the average person on the street. Hard to explain but that's the best way I can put it.

This was years ago so I don't know if I can find a link confirming but if I do, I'll post it.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote