View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 01:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default MRI optic neuritis??

Hi all I have been having on going eye problems for 5 weeks, constant pain in my left eye which has now started in mildly in my right eye, it is sort of behind the eye ball at the top, my left eye is also blurred, my doctor is treating me for trigeminal nurelga my neurogist disagrees (he is really unhelpful though and just shrugged his shoulders on my first visit) and after much begging he sent me for a MRI scan, I have a follow up with my results next Friday, my question is, will an MRI always show optic neuritis? I'm in agony yet my unhelpful neurologist says that if my mri is normal then my constant eye pain (5 weeks without a break) must be a migraine. Another doctor has given me liquid morphine to help with the pain while I wait but it's not touching it I have booked an eye exam in the morning with an optician and another on Tuesday with an ophthalmologist, I had one 5 weeks when my pain first started but then it was very mild, almost unnoticeable, I'm thinking that back then it may not have been inflamed? Thank you
Snailz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (05-02-2013), SallyC (04-26-2013), tkrik (04-27-2013)